Friday 30 October 2015

DIY: minnie mouse ears and minnie mouse face paint

I've always wanted to make some of my own Minnie mouse ears. Recently I had a go and realised they are actually so easy and quick to make! To add my own little unique touch to them, I used glittery pink and purple foam. So, if Minnie dumped Mickey, got a makeover and started a blog, these are the ears she would wear.


Things you will need for the ears:

♡ Foam card in any colour of your choice ( I think pink and purple is the cutest though)
♡ An old/cheap headband
♡ A bow or some fabric to make a bow
♡ Glue gun 

Here's how to make them...


♡ Simply cut two large circles out of your foam and attach on to your headband with a glue gun.

♡ Finally, attach your bow on in between the two ears. And you're done! So simple!

Here are the finished ears:


To really look the part, face paint is essential. But only if you want to be the cutest girl around.

♡ Draw a little black circle on your nose with face paint or eyeliner.
♡ Using a sponge, dab a little red face paint to create minnie's blushing cheeks.


I had so much fun doing this (because I am such a child) and I think it would be really fun to recreate this for Halloween or a fancy dress party! Have a lovely Halloween what ever you are doing even if you will closing the curtains and ignoring the door (me)

Melissa xx


1 comment:

  1. How adorable are these ears, and they look pretty simple to make too!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥