Sunday 10 August 2014

Glittery Eyes Affordable Makeup Tutorial

I'm on a budget with my beauty routine and I have realized there are not many makeup tutorials that use affordable makeup products. All of the products in this post cost less than £5 and are very good quality considering their low prices.

This look is so pretty and actually not too difficult. The sprinkles of glitter make it a bit more fun and would be perfect for a party, concert or festival.


Products used:
♥ Collection lasting perfection concealer - £4.19
 ♥ Collection work the colour eyeshadow - £2.19
♥ Sleek glitter eyeliner - £4.99
♥ Rimmel keep calm and kiss lip balm - £2.99





I started by applying the collection lasting perfection concealer to the dark circles under my eyes. This concealer looks very natural and is supposed to last for 16 hours, so ideal if you'll be at a party until very late.

I then applied the collection work the colour eyeshadow on my eyelids. The colour is amazing, it really stands out. I also applied two coats of mascara to my top and bottom lashes, which gives a really flirty look. 


This sleek glitter is brilliant. I didn't expect much from it because it is quite cheap, but the brush makes it very easy to use and it really stays on all night. This is great for people who want to start using eyeliner. I created the winged effect by putting a dot where I wanted the wing to go and joined it up. I also smudged it on my bottom lash line, this makes it look more glittery and fun. I also added a little more pink and glitter to the side of my eyes which I think looks really cute.


I picked up this rimmel keep calm and kiss lip balm from superdrug a few days ago- mostly because I thought the packaging was gorgeous! This has already overtaken baby lips as my favorite lip balm, I have noticed a massive difference in the softness of my lips since using it. My only problem with it is that the tint is a bit too subtle for me. I will defintely have to try the darker versions of this lip balm.


The accessories I would wear with this look are this cute gold cat pendant and lilac hair bows which I make myself. If I was wearing this look to a party I would pair it with a floaty light pink or lilac dress.

Hope you enjoyed, let me know if you know if you would like me to do more makeup tutorials in the comments! Melissa xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow your eye make up looks amazing! I wish I could do that xx and thank you for mentioning the Rimmel lip balm I will have to check that out and see if I prefer it over my much loved baby lips xx I've just started a blog of my own and if you're interested you are very welcome to visit, followers are desperately needed!! http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it just takes a bit of practice! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥