Saturday 28 February 2015

Barbie Girl


I've been in love with everything kitsch ever since I saw the Moschino Barbie collection. I was so happy when I saw this gorgeous little t-shirt at h&m. 


Barbie was such a massive part of my childhood. She's had a lot of controversy in recent years for having such an unhealthy body image. However she has had over 150 careers! At a very young age dressing up my Barbie dolls and making clothes for them, I discovered I had a passion for fashion. 



I think this metallic lilac bag I picked up from New Look is gorgeous and really fits in with the theme. I think it's definitely the sort of bag Barbie would put her school books in!


When I these pastel yellow checked socks in Primark, they really brought back memories of primary school! I think that bright and pastel pink really go with pastel yellow.

Since I'm in quite a nostalgic mood now, I put together this extremely cheese-filled 90's playlist on Spotify. I listened to all these songs when I was young so they all remind me of getting dressed up (and dressing up my dolls)

Melissa xxx


4 comments:

  1. i'm so so so in love with everything about this, so much pink makes my lil heart flutter! Your bag is so pretty and your shirt is the absolute cutest, you're such a cutie man! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I love your blog by the way :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Love the bag!
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥