Saturday 7 February 2015

DIY: 90's Faux Fur Crop Top


I love looking at so many of the beautiful, 90's inspired clothes on tumblr. As I unfortunately can't really find anything like that on high street, I decided to make my own! This doesn't cost much to make at all, doesn't require any sewing and will only take you 10 minutes! 

Things you will need:

♡ A plain crop top in the colour you would like  (I got mine from a charity shop, you can also use an old one)

 Fabric glitter paint


♡ Any length of pink faux fur you would like


♡ Fabric glue

I purchased everything at hobbycraft. Now you've got everything, let's get started!

I cut one piece of the faux fur and measured it to fit around the bottom of the crop top and used the fabric glue to stick it in place. The top is starting to come together now!


I also cut out two little pieces and added them to the very top of the crop top, it will look something like this:


To add a unique finishing touch, I used some of the fabric glitter paint to create little sprinkles of glitter on the top. Now we're done! I think the results look really stunning and I can't wait to wear mine!

Do you ever customise your clothes? Let me know if you try this DIY! 

Melissa xx


2 comments:

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥