Saturday 24 January 2015

My new favourite creative read: Oh Comely

I've got such a big imagination, so it's nice to read a magazine that enriches that and runs wild with imagination.


I picked this up browsing the fashion magazines in whsmith's and I thought this one looked a bit different and interesting. The cover really appealed to me because it wasn't jam packed with writing, I love the simplicity of it.

I love how Oh Comely is about real people, not celebrities. The pictures aren't immensely photoshopped, they show a diverse range of body types and ethnicities, they aren't obsessed with how to lose weight and how to get the perfect eyebrows. "It celebrates being yourself and being different, which I feel like more people, especially women, need to see."


It's very refreshing to read a magazine on the fashion shelves of whsmith's that is about creativity, not conforming or thinking about what's popular this season. All the unique little illustrations, photographs and artwork make me want to put pen to paper and work on projects. It makes me very happy that "there is a magazine out there that is encouraging women to be supportive or each other, and encourage each other to be creative." It reminds me of a grown up version of rookie in that way.


Have you ever read Oh Comely? What is your favourite magazine right now?

See ya soon, 

Melissa xxx

TWITTER // INSTAGRAM // TUMBLR // PINTEREST // YOUTUBE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥