Monday 12 January 2015

Taking Fashion Inspiration From Songs #2


Looking back at my older posts, one of my favourites was taking fashion inspiration from songs. I think it's a really interesting way of getting style inspiration. The music that I listen to puts me in certain mood; romantic, excited for summer, want to dance and go to parties. When I'm in a certain mood, it makes me want to wear certain clothes and makeup. So here are some of my favourite songs right now and the outfits inspired by them! (All images are from polyvore)

1) Tango in The Night // Fleetwood Mac


I imagine the lyrics of this song taking place in midsummer. "Listen to the waves on the shore." suggests the song takes place on the coast, and I imagine it being warm weather. "Then I remember." suggests the song is about daydreaming, fantasy and lust. The dress on the left is an evening dress suitable for warm weather. I picked out the shell clutch as the song is set by the sea. Jelly shoes are appropriate for walking on the coast and the sea. The song is very sad, romantic and dreamy, the I tried not the make the clothes to dressy, just floaty, feminine and dreamy.

2) Cigarette Daydreams // Cage The Elephant


I imagine the events of this song taking place in early autumn. It is about the end of a relationship. It is quite dark, which is why purple and black are the colour story in this collage. "looking for answers in the pouring rain." suggests that the story is miserable and dull. I included a Ragged Priest metallic jacket (which I love!) and umbrella to be practical for the weather. There is a lyric "you were only seventeen." So I picked out clothes a seventeen year old would wear, such as the leather crop top and choker, and messy bun. 

Cocoon // Catfish and The Bottlemen


This song is definitely my favourite right now. There are a lot of parties in the events of this song, "I fell straight in to your arms like a drunk." and "you'd stay and try to out-drink me." There is a lot of mention of alcohol. The lyric "and the sun's up." makes me think it takes place in summer. I picked out a lot of partywear such as the lace dress and heels. I think the song about being carefree in the summer, letting loose, experimenting with drugs and alcohol and getting to know a certain person. I think the outfits I put together reflect that especially the 'sleep with whomever you want' t-shirt.

Sorry if I sounded like an english lit teacher throughout that! What are your favourite songs right now? love, Melissa xxx






2 comments:

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥