Sunday 21 August 2016

How To Style an Oversized T-shirt

I love wearing big, oversized t-shirts. They look so cool and casual, and there are so many ways to style them! This t-shirt was a find from the men's section of a vintage shop in Manchester. I always check the men's section as I really like to wear baggy clothes and you can sometimes find some really cool items. I love the tie dye print in purple and yellow. and it makes a nice change from the close fitting women's clothes I mainly own, as I am usually really girly and feminine, it's nice to break out of that sometimes. I did this blog post with GIFs which is something I always wanted to do and they look so much more interesting than flat photos.

1) Wear with fishnet tights


2) Wear over a denim short
I liked the ripped, faded style of these shorts that look that look almost vintage. Tuck in some of the t-shirt so the shorts just peek out for a cool, effortless style.


3) Throw on a denim jacket
I love to layer things over an oversized shirt, such as denim jackets and checked shirts, which is not only cute but also very appropriate for British weather!


4) Roll up the sleeves


5) Throw on over some skinny jeans


6) Accesorise with chokers and a flower crown 


7) Wear a belt to tighten the waist


Hope you enjoyed this different sort of post! How would you style an oversized t-shirt?

Melissa xxx

13 comments:

  1. I just love to style all of my oversized T-Shirts with black skinny jeans and chokers but I've never thought of wearing a belt to be honest. Need to try it next time :)

    Using GIFs instead of jpgs is a totally rad idea!

    xoxo Astronaut Overboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wearing oversized shirts half tucked into bodycon skirts. It's such a cute look, and a really great way of dressing down nicer skirts for daytime!

    Kelly // Velvet and Vibranium

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I'm loving the use of gifs in this post, so clever! I think my favourite styling is with the fishnets xx
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I think I'm going to do it more often :)

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of gifs!! The post is so cool and helpful!! And I love oversized tees :)

    she-loves-clothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so inspiring! I love the post!
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me on Blog and Google+ and I'll follow you back!
    Blog ♡Reckless diary by Anya Dryagina♡
    My ♡Instagram♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute!
    Love your blog ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I totally love oversized shirts! (and sweaters... and jackets... lol) the idea of using GIFs is so cool! Love your blog! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oversized t-shirts are deffo a good choice, they're so comfy and easy to wear! Personally, I like to keep my outfits quite simple, so this would be a fab choice for me, thanks for sharing your ideas. <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks.
    Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥