Wednesday 18 June 2014

DIY: Make An Old Crop Top Look Cute!

Hello! I love customizing my clothes, and recently I transformed one of my old crop tops that I was getting tired of and needed brightening up. So I thought I would share how I made it with you, maybe it will give you ideas to do something similar!

The materials I used:
♥ A crop top of your choice (obviously an old one!)
♥ Faux flower petals
♥ Fringing material
♥ Lace material
♥ Fabric glue or needle and thread
♥ Scissors

The first thing I did was cut out the back and cut the lace material in to strips, and sewed it on the back (I got the idea from this video, so watch it if you're not sure what I mean.) You could also use fabric glue if you find that easier.

Then the back will look similar to this. I also decided so stitch on some buttons on to each side where the lace material is.

On the front of the crop top, I stitched some faux at the top, arranged in a line so they sort of follow the pattern of the crop top.

 
Finally, I stitched the fringing material to the bottom of the top, which I think looks amazing. Am I so pleased with the results, I now have a brand new top I can wear this summer, and it only took a few hours to make!


This is how I would wear the top on a summer's evening: the kimono is from AX Paris, the shorts are from Primark, the heels are from New Look and the choker (my favorite accessory this summer!) Is from Miss Selfridge. In the next post I will be showing you more of my favorite clothing items and how I wear them for the summer!

See you soon, Melissa xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥