Sunday 15 June 2014

Summer Style: My My Thoughts and Ideas


Hi and welcome to my blog! I have been wanting to make one for such a long time and I am so glad I have decided to just start one! This collage above is all of my favourite clothing items for summer 2014. Since the biggest trend the biggest trend this summer is 90's, I have decided to embrace it a lot. The top items on my wish list are the two crop tops from American Apparel, I am wearing so many crops tops at the moment as there are so many cute ones and they are very practical for the warm weather. I also love jelly shoes, as they come in so many colours and brighten up an outfit! I like to wear them with skorts, which are another big 90's trend. I'm thinking about getting the light blue one from New Look above, the colour is amazing and would look beautiful with a simple, plain white top. I recently picked up a choker from miss selfridge (if you're looking for one there is loads there!) and it is one the best things I have ever bought. They look so cute and I am so glad they are in trend for summer 2014! I definitely think I will buying some more. To finish of the outfit I will usually add my smart pink blazer, which also adds another splash of colour. I also bought an amazing kimono from AX Paris that had gorgeous flowers on it, I can't wait to wear it at parties this summer!


I did this drawing of some of my favourite items of clothing and trends for summer 2014. As I said before, I am obsessed with skorts and the colour blue, so I love this. The crop top has all the colours of the sunset on them: red, yellow and orange. It has a faded effect on it which I think is really cool. I will be wearing outfits like this on my adventures in the next couple of months! As for makeup, I mainly wear pink shades in the summer, and I usually go for darker lipstick which looks really unique and stands out. I'm going to start wearing heels a lot more, even though I walk in them so badly! Chokers also go so well with evening outfits as well as daytime outfits, I really think they go with anything and just give an outfit a quirky, unique edge. The colours I will be wearing on my clothes this summer take inspiration from summer itself: ocean blues, forest greens and sunset colours, complete with floral prints! 

Since I have only just started this blog, please leave your blog URL in the comments so I can check your blog out:) See you soon, excited to write more posts!


2 comments:

  1. asymmetrical skorts are so in for summer right now it's crazy I recently just bought one myself. Where's the pastel blue one from in your collage above ? That's a purchase I would love to make. great blog btw !

    www.vieavecleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I love them! the pastel blue skort is from new look xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥