Tuesday 14 June 2016

University Of Central Lancashire fashion degree show

Hello! Today I went to the university I will hopefully be attending in September, and I was so impressed with the students work! The courses were Fashion Promotion (which I am so excited to be studying), Fashion Promotion with Styling, Fashion Design, Fashion Brand Management and Digital Design for fashion.

I left feeling so inspired and so enthusiastic to start the course.

From the Fashion Promotion graduates, I loved this students work which was a brand concept for a new collection at Lush. I love how you learn all aspects of the industry on the course; marketing, photography, graphic design, social media and even blogging!


One of my favourite projects was a brand concept for Skinnydip London, it is so youthful and creative and definitely the sort of brand I would choose.And the exhibition is so colourful and pretty!

The styling work was amazing, especially this 'prom queens' project which was all pretty and feminine and edgy. There was also a feminist zine which reminded me so much of the Rookie yearbooks, such a nice touch.

There were some unique, out of the box ideas unrelated to fashion. This was for a vegan milkshake shop in Manchester which I really wish was was a thing! This was especially impressive with the app and the little milkshake shop prototype. Reminds me of shops I used to make when I was little!

Hope you found this post interesting and I'll see you all soon! 

Melissa xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you must be very excited for the upcoming school year although summer is just about to begin there. Fashion related course sounds cool and awesome. I want to pursue the degree too after I finished Dentistry :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // Beach bum

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥