Sunday 10 July 2016

My Style Inspiration: Summer 2016

I'm constantly gathering inspiration for my own personal style. One of my favourite past times is endlessly scrolling through pinterest for inspiration and saving them into neat little folders. Since I was younger I've loved poring over fashion magazines, cutting out my favourite pictures and putting them into scrapbooks. Now I'm older and absolutely love looking at a wide range of influences such as music, art, photography and bloggers. Here's what I've been obsessed with for summer...

Petra Collins's photography just sums up summer and being a teenager. You can see the sun setting in so many of her pictures and it just looks so dreamy. A lot of the pictures are taken at night which is so atmospheric and pretty. You feel like you are really there with the girls in her photographs. She is a great inspiration for my OOTD pictures.

Festivals are full of fun fashion, coachella is like another fashion week with all the amazing outfits. People seem to take more fashion risks- giant headbands, glittery face paints, colourful clothes. I really want to go to a festival because I have so many outfits planned!

I am really interested in Japanese fashion subcultures- gyaru, lolita, harajuku. They dress like actual princesses! *squeals* I love all the bows, frills, lace and satin. Some of it is way too out there for me but I can take inspiration and make it more my everyday style. 

Thank you for reading, what inspires you?

Melissa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥