Thursday 28 July 2016

Get The Look: Matty Healy

 Shirt: Charity shop / Jeans: H&M

I absolutely love The 1975's music. I'm also incredibly inspired by the band's frontman Matty Healy's style. Unbuttoned shirts, ripped black jeans, denim jackets are a cute, casual alternative style.

Usually I go for a more feminine and girly style and stay way away from jeans, but Matty's style has inspired me to wear more oversized boyfriend style shirts. When I found this shirt in a charity shop it was very large, but when I tried it on I loved the way it hangs and reminds me of the way Matty wears his shirts.

It is very unlike me to wear jeans, but I decided to dig out a pair of my black jeans and cut some rips in the knees which make them look way more edgy and 'worn'

This shirt is like something Matty would wear, I've never seen him wear sparkly shirts before but I definitely think he would. I would love to get some arm and chest tattoos like his as well (though my mother would be very disappointed in me)

It's great to see more guys wearing makeup and the smudgy eyeliner in 'The Sound' music video is amazing. I went for smudgy black eyeliner on my waterline and blue eye shadow on my top lids, which is inspired by the 'Love Me' music video.

What do you think of Matty's style? Are there any other celebrities (or fictional character's) style you love? Let me know and I might do a blog post on them in the future!

Melissa xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for your lovely comments! I reply as soon as I get the chance ♥